Friday, May 11, 2007

New Pond Visitor




I stopped by Tamara's to pick something up this afternoon and as I always do, I walked up to the pond. Normally there are dragonflys and butterflies, but today there was a new visitor. One I hadn't ever seen before. There was a fuzzy baby duck swimming around the pond. It was terrified of me and swam so fast to get away. It hid under the overhand of rocks around the pond and only when I sat perfectly still for a minute did it become brave enough to swim around and play with the water and leaves. It ate water bugs and dunked its fuzzy little head in the cool water. It'd be so great if the duck found a new pond home. Tam couldn't figure out how it got to the pond in her front yard and when I told her it had left and said "it probably flew away" she responded with, "oh yeah, I forgot ducks could fly". Then the image of this little tiny duck waddling it's way down the driveway made me laugh.

This butterfly also held still long enough & wasn't scared of me. So I was able to get closer.

2 comments:

carrmomma said...

That is really incredible. I wish it would become a regular visitor!

Heather and Stephen said...

How cool is that?