Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finished Product

So here is the deck in almost finished mode. Just some stain will complete this project and i'm fairly certain I will NOT be the one staining this thing. I have painted and re-painted. I have used a nail gun (scary) for the first time and learned a crazy amount of information about building decks. I also learned that fire ants like to make their home in sod. As we hand carried the new sod to the side of the house on Saturday I was bitten only twice, but they still itch and are red and welty. If that's even a word. I'm hoping to get some before and after pics of the entire house from Jeff. That way I can even see the progress. Everything is on the back of the house. The right part of the house was also added. All of the grass is sod that we put down in 100 degree heat. No one in Texas was putting in sod at that time. We had not had any rain and so we all took shifts watering the yard. Turning the sprinkler on and off and making sure we didn't get caught watering on our non-watering day.



No comments: