Monday, August 11, 2008

Disney Cruise

On the 2nd we boarded a plane for Orlando. On the 3rd the Disney cruise left Port Canaveral and headed toward Castaway Cay, their private island. We snorkeled in the ocean, M raced crabs. It reminded me of the Turtle races in Longville. Two circles on the ground and someone releases all the crabs at one time and everyone yells as though it will propel their crab toward the outer circle. There were three heats and then the finals. Fortunately M's crab made it to the finals. Then it bonked. I think I should've massaged it's little crab legs a little bit more and he could've pulled it out. His crab was #5 if you can read the numbers on the shells. We boarded the ship again and by 5p we were out of Castaway Cay on our way to Nassau, Bahamas. We woke up in the Bahamas and it was quite a shock compared to the private island. There was only a tram on Castaway Cay. Nassau was teaming with three other cruise ships, people and mopeds everywhere. We went from our ship to a boat to go to the Dolphin encounter. It's an encounter because you don't actually swim with them. You stand waist deep in the water and they come up to you. We got hugs, kisses, a dance and did a trick with Dot, the dolphin before our time was up. I will post those pictures when I get them. We forgot any form of money when we left the cruise ship and had to have them mail our souvenirs to us! How pathetic. We went right back onto the ship after our encounter with Dot the dolphin. The next day we woke up in Castaway Cay again. I was happy to be back to the private island. We had a stingray feeding/snorkel. We were able to swim with them and pet them and feed em'. They were very tame and their barbs were cut off (like a finger nail apparently) so our risk of death was to a minimum. Before we had our stingray swim M dropped his snorkel mask in 15 feet of water in the ocean, so we had to do some treasure hunting. We found it and recovered it! It was a highlight. I shot M down to the bottom of the ocean with one strong heave to the backside. He shot down and back up with no problem! The next day we were back in port. It was only a 4 day and too short if you ask me. It did seem to go much slower than I anticipated and felt longer than it seems with me typing it all out.

We played Bingo, G sang some Disney Karaoke. There was a trivia in which my team scored 20/26. We came in second and I was mad. I missed easy questions. What is the oldest ride at Disney? My cruise brain picked Dumbo. It is the CAROUSEL! Then, how many dwarfs have beards? 6! Only Dopey doesn't. I will not ever forget these things. At least the other teams only let their kids answer, so my odds were better. The team that beat us had a 14 year old or something. I think they cheated.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

Disney Cruise

2 comments:

Heather and Stephen said...

how fun! I love a cruise. :)

Amy J. said...

My, you are quite the jetsetter! Sounds like you've had some great vacations - I'm a little jealous! Esp about the Yankee Stadium trip - bittersweet...