Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Junior Olympics!

My cousin was in the Junior Olympics last week in Dallas. I was able to take the day off of work and head up there for the day last Thursday. I was so proud of her. It was totally worth it. The day off, the drive, the exhaustion. She did a fantastic job and it was so very fun to watch. I don't think they ended up doing very well, but to get there in the first place is more than an accomplishment in my book.

She is only 16 and I hope that she sticks with Volleyball. I hope she finds a coach that believes in her and that she wants to do well for. She's a great kid. #15 is my little cousin.

I have forever thought of myself as semi tall. Not too tall, not too short, but pretty average. Walking through a convention center full of volleyball players dwarfed me. These girls were huge and fantastic!

Mandy Junior Olympics

1 comment:

carrmomma said...

How cool for your cousin. I'm so glad you got to go and see her.