Friday, July 18, 2008

Busy, Busy

Life feels like it is flying a million miles a minute. First and foremost I am remembering why I did not enjoy school very much. Drafting was so much fun. I cared about it, I enjoyed doing it. Writing essays and reading a million essays is NOT my idea of fun. Fortunately it is only 5.5 weeks long and will be over before I know it.

I've been helping build a deck on a house that T is flipping. It is one of the most enjoyable activities I have done in my entire life. I LOVE going to that house and sweating so much it drips off of my nose as I swing a sledgehammer trying to break up a concrete sidewalk. No, I would not like to have my life consist of waking up, driving a sledgehammer into the ground for 8 hours and going home only to do it again the next day, but so far, it has been a learning experience and very enjoyable. Although, the newly formed, 5, blisters on my hands are not pleasant, I am excited that I get to wake up at 8a tomorrow morning to finish the deck, paint some bedrooms and hang some cabinets. I guess that my dad's building genes made their way into my genetic make up. Go figure...

Wiped out and exhausted from 11 hours of building and painting, I am off to bed.

No comments: