Saturday, June 23, 2007

Swim Meets

I just got home from my first swim meet. I was a spectator...not a participant. Franny & Grace were having their swim meet. I was there at 8a and left around 3:45. They ended up placing in the top three which is awesome in my opinion. Out of the entire city. I realized today that I probably would've enjoyed swim team. I would have hated mornings but the swimming would've been fun. Kay and I sat there wishing we could swim as well as the 13 year olds do...

I am now home for another 15 minutes before I go to the Round Rock Express game with a group of friends for Reg's birthday.

I am so exhausted...

1 comment:

Grandmere said...

Do you remember that Aunt Jean was on a swim team from ages 9-12; the Long Beach dolphin Swim Team. I spent many, many, many an hour sitting in the bleachers at work-outs and meets. I remember the kids reclining on the cement between events, under the bleachers, sucking on their bottles of honey! Her event was the breast stroke, and she is still really smooth, but probably not very fast! She also choreographed the water ballet show for High school. I wonder if she can still get those legs up in the air, toes pointed? LOL