Sunday, June 3, 2007

Charleston

Today I got home from Charleston. I have the most wonderful friends in the world. We haven't all been together since we were seniors in high school. I arrived Friday morning and Holly and Katie picked me up. We drove to the house and got on our suits to go sit by the pool. Unfortunately the beach right behind our condo had been eroded away and there were sandbags protecting what was left...the 18th green. Liz was driving from North Carolina and got there around 12:30. We all hung out at the pool all day long. We played cards, we swam, we talked, we sat and some napped. A couple of girls went to the grocery store while Liz, Holly, Kat and I walked the beach with Holly's dog, Wrangler. Wrangler LOVES to chase birds. She ran so incredibly fast trying to get the birds and they kept flying away. She NEVER gave up. She also slept really well when we got back to the condo. We had spaghetti and played some games and watched a movie that I had made for all of them. They loved it. They were impressed and couldn't believe how great it was. Which was a hug relief after I spent so much time trying to make is wonderful.

Saturday we woke up to a slight drizzle. It tunred into the beginning path of Tropical Storm Barry. The wind was blowing so hard and it rained all day. We hung out and talked for hours. We played some cards and showered to go to dinner. We were all needing to get out for awhile. We ran to the cars in the rain and ran into the restaurant. We were on the water and in the middle of our wonderful fish and chips the thunder and lighting started. The rain came pouring down and by the end of the night, the parking lot had about 6 inches of water. There was a wake from the cars. Holly and Kat went to get the cars and I looked out in the parking lot just in time to see the wind blow holly and her umbrella back 5 feet. She had to go up behind cars to block the wind so she could make progress. It was hilarious. Getting the cars and pulling them to the front didn't help though, we were all still soaked. We got home and changed into some dry clothes. Some of them went to bed from all the excitement. Katie, Holly, Liz and I stayed up playing cards and Erin watched TV.

This morning we woke up to a much calmer scene. The ocean was still ferocious. The white caps were huge and the surfers were loving every minute. My flight left around 12:30 (an hour late) and as I got to Dallas (late) I ran to see my next gate. Forutnately, I had another hour instead of 10 minutes like I had thought. So I changed some gates, waited on that plane and finally got home an hour and a half after I was supposed to, but all was well. I didn't miss any flights, I had an amazing time and the best part about all of it is that I get to see them all in two weeks at Erin's wedding!

I can't wait for our next vacation together. I laughed so much I think I lost weight!

No comments: